CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Craft - A Sweet Shovel

A friend sent me this. It is a very cute idea. Great project for kids. I have no idea where she got the idea from.  But I thought it was so cute I had to share. So if anyone knows please post it so I can give proper credit to the creator or publication.

A Sweet Shovel



What's the scoop? Just a sweets-laden toy shovel that's perfect for a kid's sandbox pals.


Materials:

  •  Small bag of candy
  • Twist tie
  • Ribbon
  • Toy sand shovel
  • Paint pen

 Instructions:


Close a small bag of candy with a twist tie. With a ribbon, tie it to the handle of a toy sand shovel.


Use a paint pen or permanent marker to write your message at the base of the shovel, just below the candy bag.


Message Ideas


I dig you!
Here's the scoop on Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day--dig it!

You've got the scoop on me!

Please check out Thoughtful Spot and Sheena Richmond.
This project was featured there.

17 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is so cute! I just clicked over from CraftGossip. What a darling idea. I would love to link to this if you didn't mind.

Elvan from Sweden said...

Find your blog today, and really love it.
Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Lou said...

Oh this is just magical! so cute!

Tarabell150 said...

I love it! Very cute!!

Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com said...

Adorable! Was this from Family Fun?

Rachel D said...

Too clever! Mentally filing this away for the kiddos' Valentines. Love it.

Annalea said...

I'm SO going to do this for my boys for V-day...it's just too cute! Great idea!

BranFlakes said...

This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

Maria said...

This is awesome! I'm going to use it for my 5 year old's valentines this year. BTW, I believe it was in the Family Fun Magazine February 2004.

Veronica said...

Thanks for all the great comments and the info where this craft came from.

Kimberly Ann Petersen said...

Love the idea! Any tips on where to find cheap shovels at this time of year?

tracie @ {tsj} photography said...

hello!! so cute! found you from crafty crow ...

just did a google search for "toy shovels" and this craft came up on family fun

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/a-sweet-shovel-669977/

thanks for sharing, love it and using it! ;)

Veronica said...

I got the shovels from our local Dollar store. The came with a pail and shovel.

bean123 said...

Try IParty (hit the shop online link) and do a search for plastic sand shovel. I found them there for .40 each in red, pink, blue,green and white.

Jennie Bender said...

so cute=)

Debra Carol Cole said...

love the shovel idea for co-workers on Valentine's Day. Thanks

WM Staff said...

I love this idea!! got hot pink, red and white sand shovels at scoops-scoops dot com.... under $2 bucks too!

Post a Comment